Sunday, January 27, 2013

Here Goes...

It's been quite some time since I ventured into the blog world as myself.  I've done it for work and years ago for myself as a haughty African-American socialite.  Well those days are over and I am venturing into this world virtually naked.  No masks, no pretense, no co-author, just me. 

It honestly feels great.  I'm on a quest to share  my stories and to really find the joy/contentment in each day.  Right now I would typically be at church, but I have a laundry list of things to do today and The Holy Spirit spoke to me about taking time out to listen, reflect and create this blog.  I've been on The Daniel Fast with my church and my immediate family which has been eye-opening and caused me to search my soul and start talking about my journey. 

It sometimes sounds weird to refer to my life as a journey, but that's what it is.  These days I wake up and thank God and attempt to turn all of my thoughts and tasks over to him.  It is so daunting lately.  Not just the daily concerns over finances, my teenaged son, my young adult working (Hallelujah!!) daughter, my business venturing husband, etc., but my own fears about how do we keep it all going.  I find myself jumping ahead of the game.  I guess I'm trying to predict and control each move I make.  I know better.  But I'm human,  I'm working towards not controlling everything and everyone it my presence.  It makes me crazy and causes such confusion.  

Which leads me to my scripture for the day- "For God is not a God of confusion but of peace. As in all the churches of the saints,"1 Corinthians 14:33.  If God is not the author, I need to put down the book!  So I am making another attempt, sitting here, to put down all of the junk and apprehension in my life.  I'm turning it over to you Lord.  I am reclaiming my Joy!


2 comments:

  1. Love it, love the name!! And love that since God is calling you to this you can be a Guest Blogger easily. Faith is a journey. We're always traveling down a road, a path of some kind...and hopefully, it's mostly the path God has for us. So delighted to see you writing my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise. You are such a great friend and so willing to stop at nothing to get those guest bloggers! LOL

      Delete