Friday, August 30, 2013

Heavenly.  This is my word for 5 minute Friday as I write and listen to The Binions sing "Heaven on Earth".  I have wondered about heaven a lot since my mother's passing two years ago.  What's it really like?  Is she really happy?  Is she there, and here?  I feel my mother's presence so strongly and especially when I laugh.  I never realized how similar our voices are until now.  When I laugh, I hear my mom laughing too.  It is so startling at times because it's as if she is speaking through me!  I love to laugh, so I am reminded of her through a majority of my good days.  I guess God has given me this gift of remembering my mother through laughter.  There are also many days when I remember her and the sadness is overwhelming.  But I am so grateful for this gift that He has given me of remembering her in all of those joyful moments with my family, especially my children who she adored.  I laugh loudly and often wonder if she is with me laughing at the same things.  Thank you God for this heavenly gift   It's Friday so I'm linking up with Treat Me to a Feast  and .5 Minute Friday !  I hope I did this right!

                                 My mother, Ernestine with my Uncle Eddie six weeks before her death.

No comments:

Post a Comment